Sun, October 17th, 2021
12:30pm — 4:00pm
Founded in January 1835 in the then-fashionable Bowery section of Manhattan, St. Bartholomew’s Church is now located on Park Avenue between East 50th and East 51st Streets. The building, designed by Bertram Goodhue, is embellished with a triple portal by Stanford White, relocated from the second church on Madison Avenue and East 44th Street. Magnificent mosaics designed by Hildreth Meiere grace the narthex (lobby) and the high altar. St. Bartholomew’s was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2016.
Guided tours of the church will be offered at 12:30 and 2:00 pm on Sunday on a first-come, first-served basis.
The health and safety of our community is paramount. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination with ID and a mask is required for ALL in-person experiences. See guidelines: https://ohny.org/covid-19-update/