Wed, June 29th, 2022
6:30pm — 8:30pm
Join Open House New York on a boat tour exploring the transformative role of financial, cultural, and community capital on New York’s waterfront. Andrew Gustafson of Turnstile Tours will lead a tour highlighting capital projects, housing, and industrial development that are shaping neighborhoods and shorelines along the East River.
With over 500 miles of waterfront, New York’s harbors are home to a variety of projects and places that generate economic, environmental, and cultural value for the city. From community land trusts in Western Queens to affordable housing developments and industrial food centers in Hunts Point, this tour will spotlight areas of investment along the waterfront while offering breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline.
Building Capital on the Waterfront is a program of Building Capital: The Value of Place, a multi-year series exploring how different types of capital—including financial, cultural, and community capital—combine to shape quality of place and quality of life across the five boroughs. Launching in summer 2022, Building Capital will investigate how these intersecting systems of capital can reverse legacies of disinvestment.
This program is offered as part of Festival of New York, a citywide collaborative movement featuring 300+ diverse organizations across all sectors spanning from Memorial Day to Labor Day 2022. Open House New York is proud to be a launch partner of the Festival.
$35 OHNY Member
$45 General Admission
$75 Membership + Ticket (Value: $95)
AIA CES Available
The boat will depart from Pier 83 at the Hudson River and West 43rd Street promptly at 6:30 pm; guests must check-in and be onboard no later than 6:20pm. No food or alcoholic beverages may be brought aboard but sandwiches, salads, snacks, will be available for purchase, as well as hot and cold beverages including wine, beer, and cocktails.
Please contact email@example.com with “Sunset Boat Tour” in subject line.
- Is the boat ADA compliant? Yes.
- What is the boarding process? Boarding begins 30-minutes before departure (6:00pm). The boat leaves promptly at 6:30pm. Plan accordingly.
- Do I need to print tickets? Tickets need readily available for scanning on a mobile device or printed.
- Can I bring by own food and drinks? No, Circle Line’s policy prohibits outside food and beverages. There is a full snack bar and beer, wine, and cocktails on board.
- Is smoking permitted on the boat? No.
- What happens in inclement weather? Boat tours are rain or shine.